Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Wonderland

No updates yet on the title issues, but I remain optimistic!

Marm has returned home to Wisconsin, and I spent a relatively lazy weekend alternatively reading, working on the fence, reading, napping, unpacking, reading, and watching Law and Order: SVU.

BB Acres is in the wilds of Maine, meaning broadband internet isn't available and Verizon thinks I'm off the planet. I thought that I would have to get satellite internet, which a) is hella expensive, and b) doesn't support Netflix or Skype. Oh and c) severely limits data usage. I had resigned myself to the trade-off, but then US Cellular came to the rescue! Not only do they have much better service in my area, they also have an unlimited data plan with a mobile hotspot option. I have so far connected it to both my xbox and desktop, and it works admirably well for 1/5 the cost of satellite. And Netflix works! Thank the little lord baby Jesus, because I still have 5 more seasons of Law and Order: SVU to get through.

So I have a new phone number (no more Hammond Tractor calls!*): 207-779-6363

My plan was to bring Tanner and a buddy borrowed from Lupine Farm to BB Acres on Sunday, but between the predicted snowstorm and feeling overwhelmed, I postponed their arrival for another week.

Here is a picture of the house this morning amid the snow:




And here is an obligatory picture of the pets:





* My old phone number was 207-877-4832, and Hammond Tractor's toll-free number was 1-877-483-2473, so if folks within my area code didn't put a 1 in front of the toll-free number, they'd get me. And call me six times in a row. And leave me messages about what tractor part they're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment