Monday, January 14, 2013

Who's That Creepin'

It has always been a dream to have my horse literally in my backyard, but I didn't consider that if I could see him, he could see me. Moving throughout the house I can feel eyes staring at me through the windows. When I look out, there are stock-still figures concentrating with all their might on the house, ears forward.

Imagine the Jaws theme....ba dum
Ba dum..............ba dum
 Ba dum............ba dum......ba dum...ba dum..ba dumbadumbadumbadum
 [Psycho shower scene noise] WEEE WEEE WEEE

That's how I feel whenever I get up in the night to go to the bathroom and glance out the window.

It wasn't too bad when it was just eyes watching me, but now with a braying donkey I find myself creeping through the house with the lights off hoping they won't spot me and Hattie won't sound the alarm. They're as bad as Fat Cat when it comes to feeding time; they think it should happen two hours before it is supposed to be. Hattie sounds like she's dying when she brays...I really hope the neighbors don't hate me already.

She's too cute to get rid of though. Friend/coworker Kristen and her pup Ruger stopped by BB Acres to meet everyone and Hattie would not leave her alone, leaning against her and demanding pats. Ruger did not know what to think at all about Hattie, but he sure did love eating horse poop.



1 comment:

  1. yup...lol...everytime they see you they say...hey lady come on over here and give me some food and some love.....

    ReplyDelete