Sunday, December 22, 2013

Home for the Holidays

I'm currently sitting in the airport in Portland (Maine), waiting for my flight to board. I was originally going to have a much more leisurely morning: Wake up at a decent time, show Julie how to do morning chores, pack, deliver a blanket, and meander down to Portland. However, as some of you may know, a big ice storm is predicted / happening today. So when I woke up at midnight, less than an hour after I fell asleep, I decided to check my flight's status to see if it was delayed (meaning I could sleep in even later).

Alas, the flight was canceled. Two of my siblings and I had worked it out perfectly that I would land in Chicago just as Tyler and Mary were driving through and Megan and Graeme were done visiting friends in Chicago.

Instead, my options were to arrive at 8 pm tonight in Chicago, which is 3.5 hours from our familial home, or a flight that leaves Portland at 7 am. Deciding earlier was better than later, I showered, packed, hastily scribbled instructions for Julie, and hit the (icy) road.

I made it here to the airport by going 35 - 45 mph the whole way. On roughly 45 minutes of sleep. Not the most fun drive.

The F-bomb's antenna after my drive
But I am here! And I have a flight to Appleton, which is closer anyway. Soon (fingers crossed) I can take a loooooooooong nap in my old bed.

Anyway, I will probably be MIA from blogging while I'm home. Merry Christmas from all of us at Blonde Bomber Acres!












I gave Hattie a peppermint. Apparently it was not to her taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment