Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

It was -21 degrees when I went out to feed this morning and has climbed to a balmy -7. That's not including windchill.  As I love to say (and my mom cringes to hear), it's real booger-freezin' weather out there!

The holiday party got snowed out...we ended up with about 10-12" of snow. Julie and I stayed tucked in the house with the wood stove going and my family's hot cider recipe brewing in the crockpot.

Bundled up

You'd think they would prefer to stay in the nice warm barn. Nope.

Stay tuned for a rescheduled party in January!

One of my get-rich schemes (or rather, my sloooooowly-get-SOME-money scheme) came to fruition this weekend. My farriers were kind enough to bring me a big bucketful of used horseshoes. I scrubbed them clean (sometimes having to use a hammer to get the really entrenched bits of dirt/poo out) and painted them fun colors.


If you'd like to help support the farm (and my impending oil bill because holy crap it's cold out), please check out my Etsy page and see if anything strikes your fancy! I can sign them on the back from Blonde Bomber Acres if desired. I have a lot more in each color available (yellow, pink, teal, green, and black) and can also paint them to order in your favorite color. Just hang with a nail through a hole on each side.


Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our very own Casey!



EDITED TO ADD: After I posted this entry, I got a notification on my phone from "Google + Auto Awesome", and saw this. I really hated computers yesterday when I was trying to do something for work, and I think they sensed my frustration and sent me this to keep me complacent and compliant. They magically added snow to the picture!!



1 comment: