Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Cheer

I hope those of you within driving distance are planning on coming to our holiday open farm!



I watched a bunch of Alaska: The Last Frontier on Netflix. It's a reality show following a family living "off the grid" in Alaska.

Inspired by their way of using the resources around them, Casey and I tromped out in the woods behind the pasture and cut down a Christmas tree with a Sawzall. I even cut a wedge in the tiny trunk so that it would fall forward and not on my head! I'll keep my running water though, thanks.

Our Charlie Brown Barn Tree!
Then with the extras, Casey made a beautiful wreath that she is very proud of.



Hope to see many of you on Sunday! The animals will be festively decked out...here's a sneak peek of Finch's Christmas jammies.




PS - Julie moved in on Sunday and is an official Blonde Bomber! Her cats Willow and Fawkes are not so sure they want to be Bombers, but Skitters is all about welcoming them to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment