Monday, September 30, 2013

Renegade Report I

Renegade wins people over wherever he goes, and many are interested in how he does. The poor pony had been trained and then sat in a pasture for 5 years doing nothing, and as a result he lacks confidence in himself. He made amazing progress in 8 weeks with his trainer Norma and hopefully will continue his improvement as a Blonde Bomber! Rene is so smart and responsive that I am really psyched to work with him as a team.

So long story short, I'm going to provide occasional updates on Rene for those who are interested.

Tonight was our first solo ride and he did pretty well! He was not impressed with my stops to take pictures, so of course I made even more picture stops. :) We're also working on cruise control; he's not real consistent with maintaining a particular speed. Overall though, we had a great ride and I'm proud of him.

A rare event - Finch resting

Not content to just stop
and smell the hay bales





After the ride I rewarded Rene with some time to eat grass and myself with some time on the hammock. Finch joined me on the hammock while Hobbes did his best to get as close as possible.





All in all, a lovely fall evening! 



1 comment:

  1. Rene looks adorable in purple :) Also that doggie pig pile on the hammock looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete