Saturday, September 21, 2013

Greener Pastures

BB Acres just got a little less interesting. Miss Hattie went to her new home today, where she will be guarding sheep and the only equine fighting for people's attention.

The decision to sell Hattie was hard, but she was bored and would much rather spend time with people than with horses. She would practically climb the gate every time Casey or I would pull a horse out of the pasture, wanting to come out and play.

At her new home, Hattie will be in charge of her own flock of sheep and will get huge amounts of attention from her new owners, Steve and Jill. I am sad, but also excited to hear about her new life.

:( but also :)

In her own little stall

A couple of her new buddies

Tanner and I took Hattie on her first (and last with us) pony ride last night (why yes, that IS how we Blonde Bombers spend our Friday nights!). We'll miss this sassy donk for sure.




PS: This is reason # 5,489 that Tanner is the best horse ever...I jumped on bareback with just a halter and lead rope on him, and took Hattie along. As you can imagine with a donkey, it was a little chaotic. Many times the lead rope got stuck up under his tail in his butt because Hattie would try to switch sides, or I'd be holding on with one hand in front of me clutching his mane and the other stretched behind me, pulling an unwilling Hattie along. I love my golden boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment