Monday, February 4, 2013

Long Journey

After a brief interlude, we are back to light-hearted posts.

Friday morning I flew out to Wisconsin, where my mom picked me up from the airport and promptly took me to Jimmy John's. For those of you unfamiliar with JJ, it is a delicious sandwich shop that I have been craving for 2 years. And then I got to reunite with Sukie, my parents' chocolate lab.


We had to pick up the truck from the shop where it had gotten new tires. Apparently, these tires are made out of Kevlar...I'll have to test to see if they're bulletproof.  Meet the F-Bomb!

F for Ford/F-250, not the other four-lettered f word
 It is a behemoth.

After cleaning my dad's stuff out of it, my parents promptly started offering me stuff to take back with me. They're downsizing, and I had a whole empty truck, so we filled it up with treasures.

I'll introduce the best one tomorrow, but I will show you the awesome hat I took with me.

This is the look I gave passersby.
Why yes, what you're seeing IS a raccoon hat with its face chewed off by a beagle! After driving with it on for a while, I set it up on the dashboard so it could see out the window / people would think I had a pet raccoon on the dash.

[For those of you who don't know, my father is an avid hunter and my uncle is a taxidermist. There are lots of treasures at my parents' house. (Just wait til you meet the subject of tomorrow's blog post!)]

Besides seeing Marm and Dard, I also took the brief opportunity to visit my friends and meet their new baby. (Who spit up on me, requiring me to borrow a sweatshirt. Billy thought it would be hilarious to give me a Chicago Bears sweatshirt, knowing full well my family's loyalty belongs to the Packers. I spent the weekend hoping no one would notice the blasphemous article of clothing.)

Billy the Dude, Heather the Mama-cita, Ozzie the Baby, Winston the Dog, and Booger the Cat

Despite two very long days of driving (13 hours yesterday - yikes), I was back at work today feeling chipper. Although that may just be the sugar rush from inhaling too many cookies from my hometown cookie factory.

Either way, I am glad to be home and glad to have the F-Bomb. Thanks to Alex for watching BB Acres while I was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment