Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cupid Schmupid

Welp, it's Valentine's Day. Part of me (the bitter, animal-hoarding lady part) is all "Bah humbug" about it, but the majority of me is just like, "Whatevs. Cupid Schmupid. I have so much other shit going on."

For example, yesterday I got the four wheeler stuck in the snow. BUT, like a BOSS, I pulled it out with the F-Bomb all by myself. And then the winch broke on the plow. So I'm back to hauling hay manually up the hill until I fix it / take the plow off.

For another example, I still don't own the farm. Apparently they have two of the four kids' signatures and the neighbor has proposed a decent land swap, but there has been no further movement. I probably jinxed it when I started taking down the wallpaper preemptive to my actually owning the house.

Speaking of which, even the wallpaper-removal refuses to be simple. The top layer came off really nicely, but the real danger lay underneath: another layer of wallpaper painted over. So that is why in the pictures the walls look awful; I haven't swung by Home Depot to get a scorer thing to put holes in the wallpaper.

And the last example, I may have a kidney stone or some other kind of renal issue. CT scan is next Tuesday, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

None of this is supposed to be about poor, poor me, and that's certainly not how I'm feeling...I am very optimistic about fixing Ludo, finally owning the farm, getting the wallpaper down, and not dying of kidney failure. It's just that, instead of the expected loneliness / righteous indignation of a single lady's Valentine's Day, the holiday isn't even a blip on my radar.

Nobby, on the other hand, is all about V-Day. He and his bud Bumbledore are all agog with anticipation. They're probably watching 27 Dresses as we speak.


Here's a close up of Bumbledore*:



* I used to never name things. In fact, I used to scoff at people who named their inanimate objects. How far I've fallen....

No comments:

Post a Comment