Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Walking Back to Happiness

I wrote a really sadsack blog post about how spring is out of reach and how I can't take any more negative stuff happening. I even used the metaphor about spring/happiness being the oasis that never seems to get any closer as I trudge and crawl through the sand towards it.  I know, I know; it was bad. At least I didn't write an emo "Vaguebook" post, right?

In the true family tradition, I am declaring myself FINE while pointedly ignoring the soul-crushing Depression lying in wait, looking for an opening. I refuse to acknowledge you...I cut you, Depression, as a Victorian lady cuts an ill-behaved suitor!

I will square my shoulders, lift my head, and warble out of key as I walk on, intentionally leaving little bits of happiness in my wake like banana peels in Mario Kart.








Take that!


And that!







FINISH HIM!



Anyway, hope you're all surviving out there. I can finally see my driveway, which I am trying to concentrate on while ignoring the 3 foot snowbanks still surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment