Monday, April 14, 2014

Lucky Ducks

What is this craziness - 3 posts in 3 days?!

I just had to share though. I got a call today from Shannon, the woman who picked up the duck with her husband and 5 year old daughter yesterday. Their duck Gideon had lost its mate Lois and was beside himself with grief. He would call and call for her and pace back and forth, refusing to settle in for the night.  While Mother Ducker (or Duckin' A) wasn't that sad to lose his friend, he certainly seemed lonely when he would run after the car leaving the driveway, or just hang out on the porch quacking.

My duck, renamed Lucky, and Gideon have already become best buds and are currently sunbathing together. Gideon has stopped his pacing and the two of them have been waddling around quacking together.





From Shannon: "This is such a blessing really. Gideon was breaking my heart with his pacing, and now he and Lucky are pals and both so happy with having a buddy to waddle with."

My little heart is warmed...I couldn't have found a better home for Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment