Friday, April 25, 2014

My Yellow Pony

Oh mah gourd I love him so much.

I saddled up both boys, jumped on Tanner, and ponied Harlan Pepper along for the ride. We walked up the hill with no issues despite a crazy turkey crashing through the trees...it's been at least 6 months since I rode Tanner and I forgot how easy and relaxing it is to ride a point-and-shoot horse!

On the way back down I decided to switch horses and see how Harlan would do. However a) I didn't have a halter on Tanner and b) Harlan was walking too fast for Tanner's ambling pace.  So I decided to just set him free and see what happened.


Aaaaaand just as expected, he just followed along. If he got too far behind he'd trot to catch up or Harlan would stop and wait for him.


I can't even handle it.

In other news, I apparently have tendonitis from shoveling horse poop. Yeehaw.

2 comments: