Friday, January 3, 2014

Frozen Tundra

For those readers who live outside of Maine, count your lucky stars. The past couple weeks have been Winter Weather Hell. I made you a picture of what my ground composition currently looks like:


Yesterday and today have been by far the coldest. Here's what the temp was this morning doing chores at 8:30 am....Notice the "RealFeel" of -34.



It is so cold that I am ridiculously bundled up to the point where I can't put my arms down.



It is so cold that if I take off my gloves for a second while doing chores, I immediately can't feel my fingers.

It is so cold that I have (multiple times) plopped my butt in the snow and cried because I spent an hour in the cold with buckets of hot water and a hair dryer and still couldn't get the hydrant and/or water faucets unfrozen.

It is so cold that when I finally get water coming out of the hydrant, I turn it off for literally 10 seconds to switch buckets and it freezes up again.

It is so cold that if I accidentally touch bare skin to slightly damp metal, I risk becoming like this.



It is so cold that all the ponies have ice eyelashes.

It is so cold that the dogs pee on snow on the deck then come to the door and shuffle so that at least one paw isn't touching the ground at all times.

It is so cold out that the cats beg to go outside but when the door is opened and an arctic blast comes through they run the other way.

It is so cold that every day, at least twice, I wonder why I moved to Maine and bought a farm.

Here's hoping for an early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment