Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Help Needed

Last night Reese (formerly known as Piper), a BB Acres alumna, had a terrible accident. A tie snapped and rebounded, hitting her in the eye. Reese is currently in New Hampshire at an equine surgery center with her owner Shalegh by her side. Unfortunately they will have to remove the eye and Reese has a long road ahead of her.

We recently had a health scare with Gus when he choked on his food, so it's been on my mind a lot about what it would be like if something major and tragic were to occur to any of my animals.  A couple months after I adopted Finch she chewed up a bottle of Excedrin...she had to have her stomach pumped and stay the weekend at the emergency vet's. Luckily my parents were able to help pay the bill; otherwise I don't know what I would have done, only that Finch would get the treatment no matter what.

Shalegh and Reese are facing much higher bills. If you are able, please consider donating to Reese's recovery. I think all of us animal lovers fear being in this position. There is never any question of getting medical care or not...we get that for our animals and worry about how to pay later. So if you can, even just a little help can go a long way.

Farm Family Fund for Reese's Recovery

In the short time that Shalegh has had Reese she has formed a strong bond with her, something I was never able to do.   I am so so grateful that they have each other to get through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment