Thursday, November 7, 2013

Updates

Lots of changes are headed our way! Mostly exciting, except for the fact that winter is looming.

- Cooper goes to a new home tomorrow. Casey rode Gus last weekend and that was that...she wants something smaller and peppier for herself. She grew up riding hot-headed Morgans and Saddlebreds and she misses that excitement, plus Coops is on the big side (for her). So she is searching for the perfect horse while Cooper's new owner Deno gets to enjoy his laidback and easygoing personality.

- Hattie comes back on Saturday. Her second shepherding gig has also failed. She is just too playful for the sheep owners' tastes so back she comes. I will say that although I enjoyed the quiet feeding times, I do miss her loud, obnoxious greeting and excitement to see me.  She will chill out at the farm indefinitely, unless the perfect situation for her comes up.

- Poof is probably a permanent Blonde Bomber. After an expensive vet visit, I found out that she is a spayed female around 8 years old with an ear infection and underweight, but otherwise healthy. Her prospective home was hoping for a younger cat, and Poof and Skitters are actually getting along now, so she'll probably stay. She is so sweet that it's hard not to love her.

- BB Acres is getting another human resident. Friend and coworker Julie found herself in need of a place to live, and however much I love my hermitude, I knew we would have a blast living together. We have the kind of relationship where we can say "Go away, I need alone time" to each other, and call each other out on passive aggressive behavior. Plus, she's pretty much going to be my indentured servant. She LOVES to cook and do projects around the house...she came over earlier this week and walked out saying stuff like, "OOH OOH, we could do [insert project here]!!" Which means my walls might finally get done! Hallelu! She's also strawberry blonde...if she was brunette I'd probably have to say no, but luckily she fits the Blonde Bomber type.

So Julie will be joining the farm at the end of the month. She is an animal person, which is good since she will be bringing her two cats with her, meaning we will be a five cat household, in addition to the 2 dogs, 2 horses, 1 pony, 1 donkey, and 2 ducks. I think we will have officially crossed the line into crazy cat lady territory.

And that's that! We're headed back to the beach on Sunday for some more fun in the surf with the ponies.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are going to have a roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! Thanks for the update! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete