Monday, July 22, 2013

Piper

It's really hard for me to write this post because I can vividly imagine the rolled eyes and sighs of certain family members and friends but....

I got a new horse!

Rationalization for non-horse owners: Cooper is struggling to keep/put on weight, meaning he needs time off to eat and gain strength. Also, I have not bonded very much with Cooper, and think he would be better suited with someone who will love his sweet self for who he is. Any gelding I get will be compared to Tanner and that is just not a fair competition. Therefore, once he is healthier, I will sell him.

Rationalization for horse owners: None needed...I fell in love with her.

So this is how I found myself picking up a horse on the way home from Acadia yesterday. I am pleased as punch to introduce to you Piper, formerly known as Reese!



Piper is a big, GORGEOUS girl who came all the way from the other side of the state to be a Blonde Bomber. She is very calm and sweet, and Tanner is already following her around like a puppy dog. BFF alert!

We're going to have a lot of fun together.

1 comment:

  1. Please forgive me if you still catch me calling her Reese :) She truly is a wonderful horse, she is everything anyone could ask for in a trail horse, the sad part is, I don't have a need for a "trail only" horse. And after carefully weighing out the interest there was in her when I posted her for sale, I picked you to be the perfect home for Reese (Piper)Tanner will have a BEST friend, she adores company and avoids confrontation at all costs. She equally adores people and she tries so hard to please you and if you ask her to do something she doesn't understand, she will do her best to figure it out. I cried the whole night before she went to be with you, and I cried on my trip home without her, I feel like I abandoned her, like so many others did before me, but the difference is, I had HER best interests in mind, and I didn't make her out to be something that she isn't. Please keep me posted and updated as much as you can, I really hope this is the last home she will EVER have to be moved to. My horses have still yet to figure out why the trailer pulled in, without Reese coming back home :( Nitro, who was her biggest fan, still keeps looking toward the trailer, hollering as if I will be walking her off anytime. It is sad to look out and not see her there, but I know she is in a good place :) And I hope she will someday forgive me for breaking my promise to keep her forever, because the truth is, as good a home as I can provide, it still wasn't the best home for her. In her short life (12 years) she has never had stability, yet she is still so forgiving and loving. I was confident that when I advertised her for sale, that the perfect home was out there somewhere, and I truly hope, for her sake, that I did my best to find it <3 Please tell her that I love her, and give her a kiss on that sweet soft nose for me..... :'( here I go again.... (Jonelle)

    ReplyDelete