Monday, July 1, 2013

Nefarious Plan

Now that I've anchored myself in rural Maine for at least a few more years, I've been secretly luring others into my clutches. And it's working...mwuhahahahahahahahahaha!

My college bff Annie moved up to Boston last week, and is quickly becoming a savvy Bostonian. Like seriously, I kind of hate her for being so brave and amazing while I burrow further into my comfort zone of rural, animal-filled living. (I don't actually hate her, I am just jelly.*) Follow her adventures and be jelly too!

AND, sister McAwesome (her awesomely chosen pseudonym) and her husband begin the moving process today from Florida to Boston!

That's right, my pretties...come closer.
 Boston is just three + hours away from me. Inspired by having friends/family within day-trip-distance, and also motivated by my $300/month gas costs, I bought a little 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid this weekend. I have gone from 12 mpg to 45 mpg...woot woot! The F-bomb will be relegated to occasional farm use, hauling horses, and winter driving.

It does however, cut into my superiority complex. After sitting so high above the other cars, cackling maniacally as I imagine rolling over all the slow-moving cars, I am now one of those very ground-dwellers... I flew too close to the sun and my feathers have been pinioned. Is this what it feels like to be average?

In all seriousness, it's a fun little car. And I am very excited to be able to go visit Annie, McAwesome, and Mr. McAwesome soon, and have them all up to the ol' farm!

Who will be next to sucuumb to my wishes and move closer?


* That's what the cool kids say these days for jealous, right? At least, that's what the whippersnappers yell at me when I tell them to get off my lawn.

2 comments:

  1. Uhhh did you read the part about how I got insanely lost and pretty much ended up crying at the train station? Yeah, about that. No need for jealousy until I master the transport system (read: never).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh did you read the part where you went to a museum all by yourself? And made real conversations with strangers?

    ReplyDelete