Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Best Day EVER

I came home yesterday to a package on my steps.

Guys, I was not anywhere close to prepared for what was inside.

It was........WOLFCAT

How do I even describe Wolfcat? Do I describe its origins or its beauty first? Let's go with beauty.
Wolfcat is a taxidermy masterpiece. Probably made out of rabbit fur, it is a mother wolfcat (complete with a gazillion plastic nipples) with a pup/kitten in its mouth. You really just have to see it to believe it.

Wolfcat is a wonderful, terrible family tradition. It (she?) was picked up at a flea market by my sister Megan for the first family Christmas Yankee Swap. Our aunt who organized the swap was none too pleased (even though that's crazy, given Wolfcat's stupendous nature). So Wolfcat mysteriously found its way into her car and we thought that was that.

Until sister MC got married. Our aunt's family's wedding present to her was....can you guess it??...WOLFCAT IN A VEIL.

Best wedding present. Ever.

 
Then Megan got her doctorate and Wolfcat reappeared! This time it wore a tiny graduation hat and robe.
  
Those are tears of joy, of course.
 
Wolfcat's true glory.





















That was 3 years ago. I had honestly forgotten about Wolfcat.

UNTIL TODAY.

Please behold the newest member of Blonde Bomber Acres:



I really can't explain in words how happy this makes me.




(Funny story: I had a new friend over last night that wasn't quite up to speed on how strange I am. It was interesting trying to explain the taxidermied bear and Blonde Wolfcat...)

No comments:

Post a Comment