Monday, April 22, 2013

Sweet Sixteen

Today is Mr. Tan-Man's 16th birthday!

Little did I know 13 years ago that I'd have such a companion to share both the highs and lows of life. Together we've gone through middle school, ringbone (bone growing around an ankle joint), high school, moving to Missouri and Maine, boyfriends, a serious leg injury, fatigue, success, heartbreak, and jubilation.

There were a few years where we barely saw each other and the dreaded s-word was brought up more than once (aka, selling him). But we stuck it out, and very importantly, my parents kept paying his upkeep.

He's carried me and my loved ones with such good temper. He's looked after a two year old when she was around him. He's listened to my tearful monologues and forgiven me when I took crankiness out on him.  He's gone willingly near fire and in water, trusting me more than his own natural instincts.

And now we have our own farm together...I couldn't ask for a better partner.

Happy birthday, bud. Here's to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment