Thursday, October 24, 2013

Smooth Criminal

We have a (hopefully temporary) new resident here at Blonde Bomber Acres. I kinda stole her...

I was dropping off a package at the post office last Friday and I was greeted by the friendliest, prettiest cat. I bent down to pet her and felt every single vertebrae and rib. So I scooped her up and walked over to a couple of post office employees who were outside.

"Is this a stray?" I asked.

"Well, she belongs to the people across the street," they replied.

"She's really skinny..." I said.

"Yeah, she was so beautiful and filled out in the spring and now she's just a bag of bones. One day I took her over to the owner and said she was looking really skinny, and the owner said they were feeding her," they replied.

"Hmmm...I'm tempted to just take her and feed her up!" I said.

"We really wish you would! We would, but we each have two cats already," they replied.

"So do I, but I'm going to take her anyway. She is just too skinny," I said.

"Great!! Thank you!" they replied.

"If the owner really cares, I live up just on Smith Road," I said.

"We're not going to tell anyone," they replied.

I stuffed the cat into my car and we drove off into the sunset.

And so now I have Poof (POst OFfice). She spent a couple days in the basement acclimating (read: traumatized), then another couple days in the office so everyone could get used to each other's smells, and now she's out and about under supervision.

Both yesterday and today I gave Poof ample opportunity to go outside and return home, or live in the barn. She chose to stay inside, which I am taking as a sign that she loves me! Well, at least she loves food.

Poor Nellie was already getting kitten-bombed by Skitters and now the new broad is hissing and growling at her in her own home.  Skitters, happily clueless, jumps on anything that moves. Finch leaps in the middle of a fray when she senses a cat fight, pouncing and growling and chasing.  Hobbes hides in the back room.

Would anyone like a very pretty, very friendly cat?? She has been de-flea-ed and is already gaining weight.  Marm and Dard, want a look-a-like to keep Scrappy company?

If all else fails, Poof has a home here and can help keep the house and barn free of mice. But Nellie would love you forever if you take Poof!



In other news, I opened an online Etsy shop selling plus size vintage clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment