Saturday, December 6, 2014

I'm an Auntie! & Other Updates

Some of you may have known that my oldest sister and her husband were expecting a little 'un. Well that little 'un made a sudden appearance late Wednesday night to everyone's surprise.

Meet Henry!


He was born 3.5 lbs at 29 weeks. Mama is doing well and has been discharged, while Henry is in good hands at the NICU. He's getting lots of "kangaroo care" (having skin to skin contact for an hour at a time) and has both sets of grandparents visiting this weekend, plus lots of love from Maine radiating his way.

I am so excited to be the wicked cool auntie who plays fun games when Henry visits like "Shovel All the Poop" and "Run Around and Eat Sugar Til You Go Home"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In less exciting news, winter is officially here. One upside is that I decided to move Harlan to a local barn with an indoor riding arena. Not only will I have a nice dry place to work with him, but I won't have to do winter chores once boarder horse Zin also moves for the winter. And I'm taking lessons to work on my riding, Harlan's training, and our partnership so (knock on wood) I won't hit the ground so much next spring.



School is winding down; just one last week of classes then finals week.  Classes have been SO BORING, and next semester won't be any different. I'm holding out though til next fall when I'll take more interesting, vet tech-specific courses.

Between work, school, and going out to the new barn, I don't have much free time. When I do, I spend it with the dogs and cats chillaxing and binging on Netflix. I'm so cool.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of Henry! My little Wesley also surprised us coming a month early and only weighing 4 pounds. However less than 2 months later and he weighs around 10! Premature babies are amazing and catch up fast. Sending all my best!

    ReplyDelete