Friday, February 14, 2014

Burning with Hatred, a Poem by Kelsey

I hate winter.

I hate that Casey slipped on icy stairs last Friday and broke her back. (She will be okay, it will just take time to recover.)

I hate that today I got my goddamn truck stuck in the ditch at the bottom of the driveway.

I hate that it is the second time I have done this.

I hate that one of my neighbors drove by without stopping to see if I needed help.

I hate that another neighbor was plowing with his tractor and could clearly see my predicament, but did nothing.

I hate that this time, I can't shovel my way out of it.

I hate that I still have to make multiple trips with hot water to unfreeze the faucet to get water to the horses.

I hate that it's too cold to enjoy riding.

I hate how my skin burns after I come back inside from the cold.

I hate how cranky winter makes me.

I hate winter.



Addendum: I LOVE my ex-neighbor who just pulled my truck out. I wish he still lived in the house next to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment